BearPulse (Powered by GivePulse)
BearPulse is an online platform that enables students to track their campus involvement and service to the community.
Why should I use BearPulse?
It’s a great way to connect with other students with similar interests and find volunteer opportunities in the community. You can search for nonprofits in your area, student organizations, register for events and service opportunities, and track your on-campus activities, leadership positions, and service hours.
The more you use BearPulse, the more useful it becomes. Every time you register for an event or log service hours in BearPulse, the platform automatically adds that information to your history. You can pull up a quick summary, sort of like a resume of your campus and community involvement, by clicking on your name in the top right corner and selecting “summary” from the dropdown menu.
How do I access BearPulse?
- Go to mercer.givepulse.com
- Click the “login via Mercer” button.
- Use your Mercer credentials to log in
What information can student organizations put in BearPulse?
- Updated membership roster, including current executive positions
- Updated copy of the organization’s constitution
- Member meetings
- Organization events
- Travel forms
BearPulse How To's
- Subgroup Admin Set Up
- How to Log Service Hours and Fundraising for a Group
- How to Log Service Hours and Fundraising
- How to Affiliate with Annother Group on BearPulse
Mercer University App
The Mercer University mobile app brings University resources to your fingertips and enables you to connect with the Mercer community: Stay on top of your events, classes, and assignments with the built in calendar function, and get notified of important dates, deadlines & security announcements. Make friends, ask questions, and access University resources at any time!
Some other exciting features include:
- ACADEMICS: real-time access to all of the critical academic tools.
- DEADLINES: Stay on top of multiple deadlines with push-notifications, students receive reminders, alerts and critical notifications.
- CLASSES: Manage classes, create to-dos & reminders, and stay on top of assignments.
- EVENTS: Discover campus events, set reminders, and track your attendance.
- CAMPUS COMMUNITY: Meet friends, ask questions, and keep up with what's happening on the campus wall.
- GROUPS & CLUBS: Get involved with campus organizations and meet people with similar interests
- CAMPUS SERVICES: Learn about services offered, such as Academic Advising, Financial Aid & Counseling.
- PUSH NOTIFICATIONS: Receive important campus notifications and emergency alerts.
- CAMPUS MAP: Find the quickest route to classes, events, and offices.
Learn more about how to use the app with this training video. Enter password f3P%b8Pt.
Download the app here or by searching Mercer University in your App Store!
Campus Life and Residence Life Posting Policies
Campus Posting Policy: All flyers, posters, and banners must be approved by the Office of Campus Life BEFORE you may post in academic or non-residence life buildings on campus. Campus Life staff will approve, stamp and place up to two flyers in the Connell Student Center. Organizations must place all other flyers on campus (except for residence halls) on their own following the policies of each academic building. One stamped flyer must be included when seeking approval from Residence Life for flyers in the residence halls. Organizations must take all flyers to Residence Life for this second approval process. Residence Life Posting Policy.
See where and how you can post flyers in academic buildings here.
Event Accessibility Template (for all on campus advertisements)
The following statement must be included on all flyers for on campus events.
TO REQUEST ALTERNATIVE FORMATS OR OTHER ACCOMMODATIONS FOR A DISABILITY FOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE CONTACT THE EVENT ORGANIZER AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT DATE.
Allergy Signage (for all campus events)
All campus organizations should include food allergy signage at events in which food is served. Virtual food allergy templates are available for your convenience here. You may also check out signs from the campus life office (3rd floor Connell). Please see COVID Event policies and Fall 2022 Student Organization Policies for updated information about serving food Fall 2022/Spring 2023.
Please note that student organizations are discouraged from serving food that contains common allergens such as shellfish, nuts, and peanuts.