Campus Life Macon
Mission: To enhance the overall educational experience of all students through involvement within the Mercer and Macon communities including campus wide cultural, educational and social programming, leadership development, civic and community engagement, fraternity and sorority programs and student organization participation.
About Campus Life at Mercer:
The Office of Campus Life and Student Involvement strives to enhance student life by promoting involvement and leadership in the Mercer and Macon communities. This mission is accomplished by providing educational, social, and cultural campus-wide programming through Mercer’s student activities board, QuadWorks, and by providing direct advisement for the governing bodies of Mercer’s twenty chapters of (inter)national Greek-letter organizations. Our office also advises the Mercer Maniacs spirit group and 140 active student organizations on campus. The Center for Community Engagement, housed in Campus Life, advises MerServe community engagement programming board and Mobilize Mercer voter engagement board which put on service and civic engagement events all year. The Center also provides Mercer students tutoring opportunities in the local school system.
The Office of Campus Life and Student Involvement encourages students to become engaged in the Macon community, especially within areas adjacent to Mercer’s campus. Please feel free to stop by our office anytime! We’re located adjacent to Duncan's Lounge on the top floor of the Connell Student Center. We can also be reached at (478) 301-2868 or at email@example.com.
Message from Campus Life Staff
June 3, 2020
The tragic events over the past week serve to remind us that racial injustice has been an ever present problem throughout the nation’s history. Now more than ever, members of our community must come together to push for a more equitable and just society for all people. With that in mind, the Office of Campus Life will program activities and events in the upcoming academic year that engage and educate students on race, systemic racism, and historic injustices in our country.
We want all of our students to know we are here for you. We will listen to you, learn from you and love you ALL.
-Office of Campus Life and Student Involvement Staff
Campus Life Response to COVID-19
March 20, 2020
Due to increasing concerns regarding COVID-19, the Office of Campus Life and Student Involvement has suspended all events and campus meetings until further notice. This determination includes all departmental and SGA recognized events. While our engagement will look different for the time being, we are fully committed to supporting you and your organizations during this time.
Recognizing that personal health and academics should take priority, we wanted offer a few updates and helpful tips to support you during this transition.
Think of what is upcoming for your organization this semester:
- Do you have elections? Interviews?
- What meetings and events are coming up for your organizations?
- How can these activities transition to online or alternative platforms?
- If you have questions or concerns regarding planned events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Communicate with your organization members.
- Share university updates to help guide your conversations: https://www.mercer.edu/coronavirus/.
Stay engaged through Zoom:
- Zoom is a web-based conferencing platform that is accessible on MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android mobile devices. Mercer students, faculty, and staff can create virtual meetings that can be joined by anyone in the world with a simple link.
- There is a screen-sharing feature that would allow a PowerPoint or documents to be displayed and discussed as well as a recording option if content would like to be recorded in advance and distributed to organization members.
- Zoom may be helpful for: full organization meetings, committee meetings, interviews, and one on one conversations.
- See instructions on how to use Zoom here: https://it.mercer.edu/faculty/academic_technology/training&tutorials/zoom.htm
Keep yourself healthy:
- Wash your hands often (Don’t forget to wash for at least 20 seconds with warm, soapy water! Wash to your favorite song OR our favorite, the Mercer Fight Song!)
- If you are in need of counseling, call CAPS at 478-301-2862 to inquire about resources.
Know that Campus Life and Student Involvement is here to support you and your respective organizations. If you have any further questions throughout this time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.