VIRTUAL EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Looking for something to do from the comfort of your home? We’ve got a few ideas to keep you entertained.
Let’s Continue the Conversation
Final Session: Social Unrest and Racial Trauma
June 24, 2020
ZOOM LINK FOR BINGO: https://mercer.zoom.us/j/2602896868
ACADEMIC RESOURCE CENTER
GET ONLINE TUTORING THIS SUMMER!
- MAT 095, 133, 191, & 192
- CHM 111, 112, 221, & 222; BMB 465
- All courses with a writing component
ENROLL ON THE ARC WEBPAGE:
The Bear Market Newsletter is available here
Want to learn about business news in a simple way? The Bear Market is a student-run quarterly newsletter highlighting important financial and economic events, with a special focus on the COVID-19 economy this quarter. Read the sixth issue of The Bear Market (Quarter 1 2020) in this link! If you are interested in writing, editing, or getting involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Sachin Khurana at email@example.com.
Check out the new student organization Music and Lyrics.
We are dedicated to providing interested students with an opportunity to explore, collaborate, and develop their musical talents by hosting monthly music production workshops based off of specific themes chosen by our members.
Guide to the Outdoors Around Macon
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! Join Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home for a live daily doodle lesson at 11:00am MST. Videos will be available after live on the Kennedy Center YouTube channel.
- Join the McHarper Manor weekdays on Facebook for a daily art project tutorial. Art projects will range from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting and will take place live at 11:00am MST. Videos will be available after the live class on the McHarper Manor Facebook page.
- Missing group fitness classes or going to the gym? Check out the Planet Fitness Facebook page for live-streamed daily workouts several times a day. Is Yoga more your thing? Check out CorePower Yoga to keep up your practice from the comfort of your living room. Or join Colorado fitness professional Alex Vaughan for live dance classes through their YouTube channel Zook Dance Fitness or learn a routine for a specific song from the previously recorded videos.
- For an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own, visit UCLA Health for downloadable guided meditations in both English and Spanish.
Virtual Tours and Museums
Experience the best museums from NYC to France to Seoul in the comfort of your own home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
- The Louvre
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- British Museum
Check out some cool places around the world from National Parks to National Landmarks.
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and 5 other National Parks thanks to virtual reality (and Google)!
- Talk a walk on the Great Wall of China
- Check out the view from Pompeii through Google Maps
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Just want a cute and cuddly distraction? Check out several different animal live cam options from watching silly sea otters and curious elephants or just mellow out to the hypnotic drifting jellyfish.
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
More Fun Things To Do!
- Check out the 25 Most Interesting Webcams of 2018
- Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together!
- Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicals that you can watch on stage from home. Musical television more your thing? Check out this list of 11 Musical TV Shows to binge watch while you’re home, in between your remote classes of course!
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends or jam out to Rita Wilson’s Quarantunes playlist.
- Take up a new hobby such as making towel animals, crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Watch an Opera for free with the Metropolitan Opera
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections” campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world.
Follow our social media accounts for virtual events and engaging posts!
- Campus Life on Facebook and Instagram
- QuadWorks on Facebook and Instagram and NEW Pinterest
- Merserve on Facebook and Instagram
Want to add a resource to the page? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get outside and enjoy the surrounding area!
Mercer Outdoors has compiled a “Guide to the Outdoors During Social Distancing” with tons of great info and links to more.
Social distancing doesn't mean we can't stay in touch!
Follow QuadWorks on social media for giveaways, boredom busters, and virtual events!
Friend us on Facebook and follow @quadworks on Instagram